Vessels relate to container, passage, or carrier. I will like to emphasize on being a carrier first, then on being a container and round of with being a passage.
Three important points.
- A vessel is very important as the value placed on it is determined by it’s content.
- The care with which a vessel is carried is also a product of its content.
- The protection given to a vessel is also as a result of what it carries.
What you carry is contagious, it can be passed from one person to the other. It can spread like wild fire. It is all in all. It is air borne, water borne, blood transferable. It can be contacted by touch, by eye to eye….
We ought to be carriers of God. Carries of Jesus. Carriers of the Holy Spirit. That’s how precious we ought to be.
We ought to be carriers of grace and peace.
We ought to be carriers of Truth and mercy.
We ought to be carriers of love and joy.
We ought to carriers of virtues.
We ought to be carriers of Faith.
We ought to be carriers of the seven spirit of the Lord.
Many are carriers of anger, many carry fornication, bad mood, desperation, lies, discord. What you love, you carry.
When you are scratched, what do people see? Anger, complaints, worry, sadness, malice, sickness…. What exactly are you known for?
Love the world, carry the world.
Love the Father, carry the Father.
A carrier is a conductor.
- The depth of the container is important.
- The available space in a container is also very important.
- Also important is the purity of the container as the contamination of the container would also translate to the contamination of the content.
- We must be a passage for God’s life. We must be a doorway thru which people know God.
- We ought to be a channel of life, and not a channel of death.
- We ought to be channels of Faith and Unity ans not channels of fear and disunity.
- We ought to be a medium of Peaceful existence and graceful living, other than being the problem of the society.
- We ought to be a meeting point between God and man, such that when people see us, they will know God is with us.
- We ought to be a reconciliator between God and man seeing that He has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Enoch, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Samson, Gideon, Deborah, Elijah, Elisah, David, Peter, Paul, John….
Types of vessels.
- Gold: other names, pure, refined, finest,
- Precious stones.
A chosen vessel.
An invaluable vessel.
A vessel of praise.
1 Thes. 4:4. That everyone of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour.